May 26, 2016
It’s a typical story for breastfeeding moms, you’re nursing and breast milk spills onto your top. If you are in a hurry, like most of us, you throw it in the laundry to be treated later — leaving a yellowish stain.
- Rinse Immediately. We know you’re not always in a position to take care of stains on the spot, but rinse the stain as soon as possible. Ideally, you should rinse it with plain, cold water to prevent the protein stains from appearing on your garments. Let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- After that initial 30 minutes, add an enzyme cleaner such as Wisk, Era Plus, or Biz. The enzymes in the detergent will attach to the stain, literally breaking down and digesting the proteins in the milk. If traces of the stain remain, apply an all-purpose stain remover such as Shout or Spray ‘n Wash, then launder as usual.
- If the stain is already set into the garment, you can also try OxiClean laundry stain remover. The key is to pre-treat before washing. After letting the pre-treated stain sit according to the directions (but no longer because you don’t want to ruin the fabric), you then wash the top as directed.
We hope that these washing tips help you get those stubborn stains out of your clothes! With proper care, your Milk Nursingwear items should last. Shop our collection of stylish nursing tops and nursing dresses today!
May 19, 2016
We had an amazing response to our Mother’s Day contest. So much so that we wanted to share some of the beautiful photos and entries expressing why you love being a mother.
I love being a mom because the love and trust that my babies give me is something that can’t be defined; it is something that could never be felt any other way. Becoming a mom is learning what love truly is. ~ Vanae
I love being a mom because you are shaping the minds of the future generation. ~ Sarah
I love being a mom because it’s been a beautiful transformation in my life. Becoming a mother has stripped away any selfishness left in me and has had a way of putting what’s important in life into perspective; my family. ~ Jennifer
I love being a mom because it is a path in life that was full of struggles in the beginning. Every medical professional told us it would be impossible for me to get pregnant naturally, but God is the ultimate healer and provider. He blessed us with not just one but two beautiful healthy children. I love the immense love I have for them and knowing they have the same for me. It has been an incredible blessing being a mama to two. Every hug is tighter and every kiss is sweeter after fighting so hard for them. ~ Miriam
May 12, 2016
Milk Nursingwear celebrates our seventh birthday this week, and we wouldn’t be here without you!
We are proud to say…
- Milk has customers in over 50 countries wearing our chic nursing styles.
- We have sold our nursing tops, nursing dresses and other nursing apparel to tens of thousands of breastfeeding moms.
- Our fashions are available for purchase on our online store, our Amazon storefront and in over 40 brick and mortar stores worldwide.
- You can follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.
We are overjoyed and appreciative to be a part of making your nursing experience more pleasurable and comfortable.
May 9, 2016
The winners are…
Congratulations to all of our winners. We hope you enjoy your Milk Nursingwear shopping spree!
May 5, 2016
Milk Nursingwear’s Favorite nursing dress is guaranteed to become your go-to basic dress. No one will guess this is a nursing dress with opening access found by pulling aside the fabric under the extended armholes. This classic nursing dress can be dressed up or down. We’ve paired it here with lace up sandals and a lace up bag in camel. Don’t forget to accessorize with a stone cuff and layered necklace.
Our Striped solid yoke nursing top is one of our bestsellers. We now carry it in a red and cream stripe. This ultra-flattering nursing top looks great with jeans and a pair of Converse for comfort and style. Keep the sun at bay with some Ray-Bans and a straw hat. To breastfeed, simply lift layers to access nursing openings on either side.