April 30, 2015
Many new parents are both excited and overwhelmed with the anticipation of welcoming their first child. But imagine the joy and emotion of expecting multiples. Two weeks ago the first set of US quintuplets since 1969 were born in Houston, Texas! Congratulations to parents Danielle and Adam Busby and big sister Blayke.
In that spirit, Milk Nursingwear would like to share our favorite shots of multiples…
April 24, 2015
ENTER TO WIN A $100 GIFT CARD
We at Milk Nursingwear love this time of year and the opportunity to celebrate our mothers, grandmothers, and YOU on Mother’s Day.
Enter Milk Nursingwear’s Mother’s Day Drawing to Win one of three $100 Gift Cards!
- Follow @MilkNursingwear on Instagram
- Snap and post a photo of you and your nursling to Instagram using #milkmomsday AND tag us @MilkNursingwear. In a rush? Just snap a quick selfie! If you have not given birth yet, post a picture of your beautiful pregnant self instead.
- You can earn one extra entry [for a total of two entries] in the drawing by wearing a Milk Nursingwear garment in the picture.
Three winners will be drawn at random. Upload your picture for the drawing to Instagram today!
The three $100 gift card giveaway winners in Milk Nursingwear’s drawing will be announced on Monday, May 11, 2015. Winners will be notified via Instagram.
See below for official rules and details…
- No Purchase Necessary, just post a picture on Instagram of you and your nursling, or a selfie – whether you are a nursing mom or are still pregnant. Be sure to include #milkmomsday AND tag us @MilkNursingwear in your post.
- This giveaway is open to women in the US and around the world. This giveaway, however, is void where prohibited by law. It is your responsibility to check your local laws to ensure this giveaway does not violate any applicable law or ordinance, and to make sure you are eligible to participate.
- Odds of winning depend on number of entries received.
- In order to enter, entrants must be registered members of Instagram. Membership on Instagram is free. Registration for Instagram can be obtained by downloading the Instagram application onto your own eligible device from an App Store where it is available, and following the Application’s onscreen instructions to set up an account. It can also be found at www.instagram.com.
- You must follow us @MilkNursingwear on Instagram to be eligible.
- Submissions for this giveaway will be accepted from April 24, 2015 – May 8, 2015, at noon EST. Each photo submission of you [with or without your nursling] will count as one entry. An additional entry will be earned if you are wearing a Milk Nursingwear garment in the photo. Only one photo submission per person will earn an entry in the drawing. Winners will be announced on Monday, May 11, 2015, and notified via Instagram, so entrants must be following us on Instagram to be notified. Winners will also be announced via Milk Nursingwear Twitter, Facebook, and freshmilk blog pages.
- Three winners will be chosen at random.
- By entering this giveaway, you agree to let us use your photo submission on Milk Nursingwear’s website, blog, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter pages.
- All entrants release Instagram and Apple from any connection with this giveaway. This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Apple. Also, there will be no Apple products awarded in this giveaway.
- This giveaway is sponsored by:
1801 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309
April 16, 2015
Milk Nursingwear enables women to breastfeed conveniently and discreetly wherever they go.
How is nursing in a “regular” top different than breastfeeding in a Milk Nursingwear “nursing” top?
When you breastfeed in a regular top, you have to lift your shirt above your breast to nurse, inevitably exposing parts of your stomach, sides, back and breasts.
Nursing in a regular dress is even more difficult because you have to lift the dress up over your breast. Some moms feel uncomfortable with the attention that this will draw and the reactions they will get.
Milk Nursingwear enables you to nurse discreetly, without showing any skin or needing to wrestle with your clothes.
All of Milk Nursingwear’s styles feature hidden nursing openings to enable you to breastfeed discreetly and pump conveniently wherever you go. From the outside no one can tell that these are not “regular” trendy fashions!
We have three different types of nursing openings:
The advantage of Milk’s nursing openings is that they are well-placed, and well-sized to enable you to latch on and nurse easily while remaining covered. Our nursing openings also work well when nursing in a sling.
April 9, 2015
Milk Nursingwear continues our Mom Entrepreneur interview series by highlighting Elena Petzold, creator of Mama’s Milk Box. Elena is married with two children (ages one and three), and says “I have three children when you factor in my round-the-clock business.” She is originally from New York, and currently resides in Pittsburgh where she not only owns and runs Mama’s MilkBox but also publishes a blog – “Pregnant in Pittsburgh.”
I have lived many professional lives. In my early youth, I was a clown and had an entertainment business for children’s parties. I was taking classes in college for marketing and accounting when a fluke legal class ignited another passion – the law. I worked for some law firms for a few years – first as a paralegal and then in legal administration.
I’ve always had a passion for children and families and did a lot of pro-bono work with Guardian ad Litems. I planned to attend law school and focus on family law until I realized that I wanted a family sooner than I wanted a career prefaced by three years of law school. At that point, I decided to continue my work in legal administration and give up the idea of going to law school. Not long after, I became pregnant with my first child.
Please tell us about Mama’s MilkBox and how it works.
Mama’s MilkBox is a nursing apparel subscription service which brings breastfeeding style right to the doors of nursing Moms. Our starter box (a “Whole Milk Box”) comes with a mix of 5-7 items. Subsequent boxes (“Skim Milk Boxes”) are delivered to your door every six weeks. They include 3-5 new items each, and pieces are selected by a stylist based on your fashion preferences and needs.
How did you come up with the idea of Mama’s MilkBox? Did it fill a need?
I sell maternity and nursing clothes in Pittsburgh via private appointment. My nursing clients were so in love with the products I stock that they couldn’t stop raving to their friends – many of whom didn’t even live in Pennsylvania. I offered to put together a box for a few of them. Each time I did, I would receive one phone call from the customer to thank me, and three more from friends of theirs asking me if they could get a box too.
I think that many Moms don’t realize that there IS nursing apparel, let alone that they can still be fashionable while being a breastfeeding Mom. My styling tips also help Moms think of new ways to wear the same pieces they already own – and/or how to incorporate their new breastfeeding clothing with their current wardrobe.
I have had my own business for as long as I can remember – first as a babysitter, then as a party host/entertainer for childrens’ events, etc. This current business is the culmination of all my skills, experience and passion for families and Moms.
I work when the kids are sleeping, and I get a lot of support from my husband, my Mom and some trusted and loved babysitters. It can be challenging at times, but I also think that it gives my children an understanding that work doesn’t have to be a bad thing.
Fine tuning my time management skills. I dropped some things (including watching “The Housewives Bravo” franchise shows) to make more time for work, but there are still not enough hours in the day to be able to complete my check lists by the time I need to.
Think about the type of support you will need and set it up before you take on whatever endeavor you pursue. All new things take a lot of time and they can be all-consuming when you factor in children. Unless you have support in place before things hit the ground, it can become very overwhelming very quickly.
April 2, 2015
April showers bring…great spring fashions from Milk NursingwearMilk Nursingwear’s Gathered Loop nursing top in Coral is a fantastic way to brighten your wardrobe. Nurse easily and discreetly by moving aside the front fabric for breastfeeding access. A broken-in pair of boyfriend jeans and lace-up espadrilles make this outfit fashionable and comfortable at the same time. Add some pops of color with jewelry and this fun, floral bag. Don’t forget your trench coat for those rainy days.
The Trendy lace-sleeved nursing top will be your go to basic this spring. This stylish nursing top allows for easy breastfeeding by simply lifting the empire layer to access nursing openings on either side. Make sure you stay dry but still look hip in a burst of bright yellow Wellies, a Duckhead umbrella and a large, leather tote.